Monday 28 September 2009

And when it all seems to go wrong...


It is given to very few of us to enjoy a life as long as Richard Pottle's (buried in Reedham churchyard); the important thing, though, is to make the best use of the time we have...

Wouldn't it be hugely ironic if the reason for me not updating this blog for the past several days was because I had lost my log-in details...

Well, you guessed it correctly - that's exactly what happened. And when stuff like this occurs, I guess you've just got to laugh at yourself, and learn from your mistakes. Hence, I now have all my details stashed safely in my desk drawer.

Just as strict diets tend to be unsustainable, and are often followed by bingeing; so it is with new life regimes. All too often, I've promised to be organised and 'sorted', managing maybe a couple of weeks of discipline, only to completely let myself go, and revert to bad - yet comfortable (or rather, familiar) - old habits. That's why it's so important make our goals SMART :
Specific
Measurable
Achievable
Relevant
Timebound

It is also important to deal appropriately with our mistakes. I mean, don't let a set-back lead to a crash and burn. Acknowledge it, and learn from it, by all means, but don't let a small trip put you out of step as you walk on your 'journey of a thousand miles' (to the organised you; the 'you' which you have it in your power to find)...

<*((((><(

No comments:

Post a Comment